Every organ in your dog’s body works to keep them healthy and happy. Here are a few facts about our canine buddies that are pretty cool and interesting:
- Dogs can hear four times the distance of humans.
- Ear infections are the top reason owners take their dogs to see the vet.
- Dogs are unable to see red and green because they lack the cones that perceive those colors.
- The part of the brain that controls smell is 40 times larger in canines than it is in humans.
- Your dog’s mouth contains over 600 types of bacteria.
- Over 80% of dogs over the age of three have active dental disease.
- The smaller the dog, the faster the heartbeat, but even large dogs’ hearts beat faster than human hearts.
- Your dog’s liver can regenerate itself if part of it is injured or removed.
- Digestive problems affect around 60% of individuals of all breeds, ages, and weights
- Antifreeze is one of the most common toxins that causes kidney failure in dogs.
Want to discover more information? Let’s take a look at an infographic about 15 Fun Facts About Your Dog’s Organs & How to Care for Them from CyberPet.